Sunday, July 10, 2011

Chukka weekend

We have had a busy weekend. Our son, David and girlfriend Charlotte have been staying with us. They have been exhibiting with their company, Chukka, at the British Beach Polo Championships at Sandbanks. It was a pukka event watched by a lot of rich people. The alcohol was flowing which lubricated their wallets.

It was not our sort of event, but the sun was shining with a cooling onshore breeze and some beach volleyball to watch as well. No William and Kate though.

David has also helped me to water-blast my dirty patio and restored the water feature in the garden where the pump had burnt out.

We also took their dog down on the beach at Hengistbury Head. I have found the weekend very tiring. I no longer have the strngth and stamina that I once had. I have to pace myself.

No comments: