Sunday, April 03, 2011

John 1:10

He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.

Have you ever felt that your contribution was not recognized? I was listening to a congregation singing a hymn that I had written and was peeved that no-one had acknowledged that I had written it. Stupid pride! But consider that the whole world was made by Jesus and we not only fail to acknowledge it, but we have spoiled it. I would be upset if someone singing one of my hymns changed an 'and' into a 'but', yet we have despoiled the world he made with greed and selfishness. Where there were green fields there are slag heaps; beautiful rivers have become polluted pools; loving communities have become warring partners; handsome bodies riddled with bloody bullets.

Lord, grant that we should recognize your presence among us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew it was your hymn we were singing this morning; lovely new words.So sorry you were not well enough to be with us but glad chemo is now over. Praying for a full recovery now. God Bless

Terry Hamblin said...

Now you have made me ashamed at my my pride.