Thursday, August 12, 2010

Doorbells

One of the advantages of living in an older house is the possession of a splendid doorbell. I was disappointed therefore to find that people were complaining that when they pressed the bellpush there was no ring. I removed the bellpush and discovered that a wire had snapped. I made an attempt at repair, but it soon became clear that to fix it properly I would have to remove more of the mechanism that I felt able to in my diseased state.

Instead I purchased one of these electronic bells that work on a radio signal. The bell is plugged into an ordinary electric socket and the bellpush screwed to the doorpost without any wiring at all. Now we have the splendid chimes of Big Ben every time anyone rings our bell.

Unfortunately, whenever our next-door neighbor opens his electric gates our doorbell plays "Twinkle, twinkle, little star!"

1 comment:

Westminster Doorbells said...

Nice post. This post help to findout best door bells. I like this post.Thank you for sharing.......