Monday, February 11, 2008

Isaiah 45:13

I will raise up Cyrus in my righteousness: I will make all his ways straight. He will rebuild my city and set my exiles free, but not for a price or reward, says the LORD Almighty.

Cyrus remains a great hero to modern Iranians as the father of Persia. Yet Cyrus is also a hero to Jews, because he liberated them and was famously tolerant of Judaism. So, you have Iran, a nation led by anti-Semites, sharing a hero with Jews.

Cyrus conquered Babylon or in today's terms, modern day Iraq.

Two and a half thousand years later the same teams are playing.

And we complain that it's always Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool that contest the Premiership.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And which side does the Christian support?

Terry Hamblin said...

Liverpool if your Roman Catholic, Man U tends to be more for the protestant.