Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Church on Mindoro








Here are some pictures of the rebuilding of the Church on Mindoro in the Philippines, which was recently devastated by the Typhoon there. They still need $2000 to complete the building.

I don't know if anyone saw the movie, "Pay it forward" starring Kevin Spacey. The idea concieved by the young boy in the film was that instead of waiting for someone to do you a good deed you did a good deed for someone in need. You didn't pay it back for something you received, you paid it forward. When they had received something, they would pay it forward to someone else.

I have been trying to pay it forward for some time now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your efforts to help your fellow humans. You are to be applauded, though I know you do it from the heart, rather than for the reactions of others.

Anonymous said...

That was such a great movie. I show it to the inmates in the prison I work in as a psychotherapist. You do pay it forward. You do that in so many ways, but with every answer to the questions of the CLL community, you pay it forward. You could be doing anything, but you chose to minister to scared and sick people. It reminds me of Matthew, "What you do to the least of these my bretheran you do unto me." We may not be naked or hungry, however in our own ways we are vulnerable and you minister to us. And, we love you. Nancy