Monday, March 17, 2008

Retirement

Today I took the notes of all my private patients into the hospital and distributed them among my colleagues. While there I reported two bone marrow biopsies that have been sitting in my in-tray. That's it. Finished.

When I got home my wife said, "On to pastures new?"

"More like pastors new," I said. I have just been asked to chair a search committee looking for a new pastor at the Church. Two of our pastors are leaving this year and our first task is to find a minister for pastoral care.

2 comments:

Vance said...

Congratulations!

A couple of my partners are about your age. They seem to be having trouble retiring.

I have other physician friends, though, who quit and never looked back.

I wonder why some can quit and others cannot. Any thoughts?

Terry Hamblin said...

Nothing else in their life?