Monday, October 17, 2011

Health update

I have a week off chemotherapy and I am feeling better. Last week we had some sunshine and I was able to go for a walk on the beach at respectively Bournemouth, Poole and Highcliffe, depending of where the cusp of the cold front encroaching on the British Isles was exactly situated; 15 minutes walking and 30 minutes sitting in the sun.

I saw the oncologist this morning and had the good news that my carcinoembrionic antigen had fallen. It had always been in the normal range until before the last lot of chemotherapy began, when it had risen to 32. After this course it has fallen to 24 which is obviously in the right direction. Enough anyway to encourage them to restart the same type of chemotherapy tomorrow.

I am due a CT scan this afternoon. I met a new registrar this morning; a very pleasant young woman from Bangalore.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Dr. Hamblin,
very good news! I am praying for you, asking God to give you strength, joy, hope, to heal you of cancer completely. He can do it! He knows this world needs you! And all this for His glory and in His name!!
Marina K

Anonymous said...

Amen to that!