Tuesday, July 14, 2009

New health update

I saw the oncologist yesterday. He felt that the peripheral neuropathy was getting so bad that we should drop the oxaloplatin for the moment, so my treatment tomorrow (course 8) will consist of 5-FU and folinic acid. Otherwise he was pleased with my progress and ordered another scan for after course 9. Next week the colorectal multi-disciplinary team will discuss my case with a view to thinking about a second look laparotomy to see if the primary around the ileo-cecal junction is now operable.

4 comments:

Randy Shannon said...

I will keep you in my prayers Doctor...

God Bless

Deb Light said...

Thanks for the update.Prayers for the Neuropathy.I can feel for you in that area.It is no fun.
Continued prayers!
God Bless,
Deb
www.cllcfriends.com

deb said...

Why wouldn't They have removed the cecum in your first surgery?

Terry Hamblin said...

because it was tethered down to adjoining tissue and there was already local spread.